Continuing on from Making Skis – Part 1
I left the skis to dry in place for a couple of days. Once I was happy that they had dried sufficiently, I removed the bar holding them in place.
Before I took this set of photos I did a trial run – three out of four of the skis broke! So I bought some new timber and made this set – this time they worked much better. Luckily this meant I had five skis in total, so I could use one as a template for cutting out the tip of the ski.
So I drew out the shape of the tip and then cut it out roughly using a coping saw.
Once I had the rough shape of the tip cut out, I then used a belt sander to bring the edges smooth to the pencil outline.
© RockiesOutdoors 2015.